The soul is dark, stormy and cold
– a clenching fist, my sweaty hand,
In one month I’ve become so old
– a living alien in a foreign land.
Raccoon eyes in mirror they stare
– he’s gone and will not return.
The place he knew is now bare
– another casualty left to burn.
Searching through debris
– of a lost cause and yesterdays.
I find a memory, momentarily
– The maze continues.
A whirlwind carries your scent
– and time cries for a break.
a soldier does not repent
– and a miracle I cant make.
So I switched off the lights
– and left you to be.
You have left it for dead
– that thing that was me